Lucky are the guys that are bestowed with physical fitness in all respects. Few unfortunate people suffer from accidents that sometimes leave them bedridden. Broken legs, arms or other physical challenges put the sufferers to big problems. They find it difficult to move around in free manners and have to depend upon others for the same. That’s where wheelchair accessible vehicles are helpful in doing one’s routine tasks in independent ways. These vehicles are the right answer to physical disabilities for the few that suffer from problems.
Those on the lookout for buying a reliable WAV should focus on the following –
- Type of disability – First of all think about the nature of physical challenge that obstructs your routine activities in usual ways. Few of you may be suffering from fractured legs while many guys that meet accidents are left with broken arms etc. As such the type of physical challenge is the determinant factor to choose the wheelchair accessible vehicles that suit you.
- Consult the mobility consultant – Why not approach a wise and certified mobility consultant that would guide you suitably which WAV would suit you the most. He or she is the right person to evaluate the functionality of the vehicle for your ease. The guy knows his or her task well and would be helpful in accessing the most dependable vehicle to enjoy independence.
- Explore different sources – Be wise to go through the newspapers or click the mouse before laying your hands on a particular piece of WAV. Plenty of advertisements are floated by the manufacturers and prominent dealers that make available such vehicles for your ease. Why not consult the clients’ review platforms that would suggest you the most economical way of purchasing a WAV. Many NGOs offer such vehicles free of cost. Just click the mouse and you may be lucky enough to enjoy the freedom of moving around by operating the WAV independently without spending anything.
- Ease of access – When it comes to buying a WAV, be wise to examine its accessibility. Think about the type of wheelchair that suits you the most as regards its accessibility as far as ramp or lift are concerned. Many of you may require folding away the vehicle and storing in the boot of the car. WAVs with hand operated brakes and accelerators allow for driving from your wheelchairs. Few cars provide wheelchair access in the front passenger seat. Major attention should be emphasized on the comfort of the driver and that of the passenger too. Wheelchair access through the side door, ramp or rear-door is also available nowadays. Those challenged with mobility problems should consider about the comfort of getting in and out of the vehicle. Height of the vehicle also counts much so do consider the same.
- Size, ramp, lift and storage space – These four aspects also need deep consideration when physically challenged think of buying a WAV.
Pay attention to the price of the wheelchair accessible vehicles that should not burden you. But do not compromise with your comfort just for few dollars that may just be forgotten and must be paid.