What do you mean by the term matrimony? Matrimony is a term that defines us the state of getting married.
There are so online matrimony sites that help out people to find perfect bride and grooms according to their choices. Some of the matrimonial sites elite matrimony, shadi matrimony etc. there are so many divorce matrimony sites also that help divorced people to find partners for them.
What are the rituals that are done at a Punjabi wedding? There are so many pre and post rituals that are done at a Punjabi wedding. Pre-wedding rituals are those which take place before the wedding ceremony. Post-wedding rituals are those that take place after the completion of the wedding ceremony.
Some of the Punjabi wedding rituals are mentioned below:
- Rokka: Rokka is a pre-wedding ritual in which both the families meet each other and fix the engagement and other wedding ceremonies. This is the starting ritual of the Punjabi wedding.
- Shagun: This is a ritual that is known as a pre-engagement ceremony. In this ritual, both the families shower the bride and groom with so many dresses, money, jewelry etc. this ceremony is followed by the engagement ceremony.
- Engagement: This is a pre-wedding ritual in which both the bride and groom exchange their rings and tell the relatives and friends that soon they are going to be husband and wife. All the family members, friends, and relatives enjoy a lot by dancing and singing.
- Mehndi/ Sangeet: This is a ritual that takes place individually at the bride and groom’s house. All the family members, friends, and relatives of the bride and groom dance to show their happiness and on the other side, both the bride and groom are adorned with Henna on their hands. This ritual is followed by Jaggo and takes place just one day before the wedding.
- Jaggo: In this ritual, all the family members, friends, and relatives gather and say boliyan. Later, they collect oil in the pot from the near and dear people. This ritual is followed by Vatna.
- Vatna: This is again a pre-wedding ritual in which both the bride and groom are applied with haldi on their bodies. This ceremony is also known as Haldi ceremony. This ritual is followed by the Anand Karaj (Punjabi wedding).
People can take help from divorce matrimonial sites in India to find perfect partners for them even after divorce.
- Viddai: This is the post-wedding ritual, in which a tearful goodbye is given to the bride as because she goes to groom’s house. She is sent to groom’s house in a well-decorated car.
- Welcoming the bride: The bride is welcomed to the new house by her mother in law. She puts oil on the corners of the door to welcome her.
- Reception: This is a party that is given by the groom’s family to those people who were not invited to the wedding ceremony.
These are the rituals that take place at a Punjabi wedding.